Friday, September 21, 2012

~Happy 40th B'day from Darren Sorrell~

Dear Richard,

First of all, you don't look a day over 35. I am convinced your age had been altered before I was conceived. Even if your birth certificate validates your claim, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of fabrication.

In other news, I am very thankful to have an older brother such as yourself. When I was younger, you served primarily as a counselor and consultant.(aka wise guy). :) Now as I am older, our relationship has evolved into a friendship. Though I value your wisdom and advice, I find myself appreciating the friendship that has developed. I can only imagine friendship deepening as the years go by. Thank you for listening and sharing your life with me. I am blessed to call you brother and I love you very much.

Darren
[Richard's youngest brother--18 years younger]
Darren, Richard & Matt after triathlon in Republic, Missouri (Aug '12)